The Salem Group Privacy Notice - Effective 02/01/2012
The Salem Group understands that the privacy of your personal information is important to you. The nature of our business requires that we collect and maintain personal information and we understand that we have a responsibility
to safeguard your privacy and secure your information. This notice describes the types of personal information we collect, how we may use that information and how we protect it. By visiting this web site or using our services, you consent
then you may email us at email@example.com.
When you visit our website or apply for a position with Salem, we may ask for personal information such as:
- Your name, mailing address, phone number, email address or other contact information;
- Information about your current or past employment, including employment gaps;
- Compensation history, work experience, skill and abilities;
- Educational background;
- Preferences regarding the type and location for positions;
- Availability for work; and
- Resume or curriculum vitae.
You may also provide a cover letter or additional information, which you voluntarily disclose by including it in the information you provide. You may choose to not provide us with all of the information we request.
However, this may limit our ability to facilitate a job placement.
Additionally, when you visit our website, we may collect, use, and store information such as operating system and browser, web page views, and internet page referral information. This information may be used to improve our site and user experience.
The Salem Group uses your personal information to assist in providing you with job placement services or other related business functions, such as:
- To establish and maintain an employment or contingent worker relationship;
- To fulfill your requests for information and communicate with you, such as offering you with employment opportunities;
- To provide you with or make you aware of other services we offer;
- To assess your qualifications for an opportunity;
- To consider and address any feedback provided to us by you;
- To perform certain research and analyses;
- To protect the integrity of or to improve our websites, information systems, and security;
- To prevent physical harm or financial loss;
- To provide you with marketing materials, newsletters or other information related to our services;
- To our attorneys, accountants, or regulators; or for other legally permissible purposes.
The Salem Group may also share the personal information we collect about you with other parties, such as our clients in order to identify appropriate job opportunities. Additionally, we may also share your information:
- With our subsidiaries and affiliates;
- With clients who may have a job opportunities;
- With business partners;
- With service providers who are only authorized to use information to perform services on our behalf or for compliance with administrative or legal requirements;
- When required by law or in response to a legal process;
- To comply with law enforcement, governmental mandate, or other legal requirement if appropriate for your protection or in connection with an investigation or prosecution of possible unlawful activity;
If you are a resident of California, you may ask us to refrain from sharing your information with third parties and among our affiliates for marketing purposes. You may contact us by email firstname.lastname@example.org.
We maintain administrative, physical and technical security measures designed to protect your information against the loss, misuse, or unauthorized access, acquisition, alteration or destruction of the information we collect through physical and
automated means. When you submit information on our web site, that information is subject to a variety of protections, including Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) encryption, firewalls and password protected systems.
Your information is protected by your login credentials which you must keep secure and confidential. We will never ask for your password or user identification in an unsolicited phone call or in an unsolicited email.
Any loss of control of passwords or user identifications may result in the loss of control over personal information. You will be responsible for any actions taken on your behalf or any person using your login credentials.
If login credentials have been compromised for any reason, then you should immediately notify us so that we may issue you new passwords or user identifications.
We communicate our privacy and security guidelines and standards to The Salem Group employees and enforce these requirements within our organization.
Accessing and Revising Information
regarding the services or website. If you would like to modify information about you that we have been provided, such as change your contact information or resume, please email us at email@example.com.
Links to Other Sites
We may provide links to websites for your convenience and information. These sites may not be owned, controlled or operated by us. In those cases, we cannot control how information collected by those sites will be used, shared or secured.
If you visit linked sites, we strongly advise that you review the privacy notices or policies posted on those sites. We are not responsible for the content or security of linked sites or your use of them.
We do not intend for this site to be used by children under the age of 13, nor do we seek to collect information about children under the age of 13. If you are under the age of 13, please do not provide us with any user Information and promptly exit this site.
By using or attempting to use this site, you certify that you are at least 13 year of age and meet any other eligibility requirements of the site.